A List of the Top 30 Palindromes
Palindromes are words and phrases that can be read the same forward and backwards. There are many single-word palindromes, such as "sees," "racecar," "Malayalam" (a language spoken in southern India), and "aibohphobia" (the fear of palindromes.) There are also many examples of phrase palindromes, such as "live devil" and "Was it a cat I saw?" Listed below are 30 of the most clever and funny palindromes--some classic, some new, and some utterly ridiculous.
The List(1) Do geese see God?
(2) Was it Eliot's toilet I saw?
(3) Are we not drawn onward, we few, drawn onward to new era?
(4) Dennis and Edna sinned.
(5) Dennis, Nell, Edna, Eva, Dave, and Ellen sinned.
(6) A nut for a jar of tuna
(7) Murder for a jar of red rum
(8) Oozy rat in a sanitary zoo
(9) Wet sanitary rat in a stew
(10) Borrow, or rob?
(11) Never odd or even
(12) We panic in a pew.
(13) No trace--not one carton
(14) Too bad I hid a boot.
(15) Lisa Bonet ate no basil.
(16) Basil Dove loved Lisa B.
(17) Straw? No, too stupid a fad. I put soot on warts.
(18) Doc Note: I dissent. A fast never prevents a fatness. I diet on cod.
(19) Tulsa night life: filth, gin, a slut.
(20) Go deliver a dare, vile dog!
(21) Kay, a red nude, peeped under a yak.
(22) Stressed? No tips? Spit on desserts!
(23) A man, a plan, a canal--Panama
(24) A dog, a plan, a canal--pagoda
(25) A man, a plan, a cat, a canal--Panama
(26) A man, a plan, a cat, a ham, a yak, a yam, a hat, a canal--Panama
(27) A man, a plan, a canoe, pasta, heros, rajahs, a coloratura, maps, snipe, percale, macaroni, a gag, a banana bag, a tan, a tag, a banana bag again (or a camel), a crepe, pins, Spam, a rut, a Rolo, cash, a jar, sore hats, a peon, a canal--Panama!
(28) Did I draw Della too tall, Edward? I did?
(29) Marge lets Norah see Sharon's telegram.
(30) Tarzan raised Desi Arnaz' rat.
Honorable Mention (no it nemel baron, oh!)No, it is opposition!
Is my name Ema Nymsi?
My name is not Tonsi Emanym.
What did the alien say when he heard that Tarzan raised Desi Arnaz' rat? "Tah tdra, ehehneh wyasne ilaeh tdidt ahw."
As I was being probed and examined inside the space craft, I heard an alien yell, "Leynei lan adra ehitfarc, ecapseh tedis nideni maxenda debor pgni ebsawisa!"
© Had2Know 2010